General Submission Guidelines
Please note we no longer accept fiction manuscripts
Please keep in mind the following when submitting material to the press:
- The press publishes in a fairly well defined set number of disciplines. Please review the areas of specialization listed on our staff page as well as series information. Does your work fit our program?
- What is your purpose in writing this work? What are your goals for the work?
- What is the reasoning behind the scope and organization of the topics presented? How does this organization help you achieve your purpose?
- What unique and/or notable features does your project offer? How does your work differ from other similar projects?
- Who is the intended audience for the work?
- What is the current status of your manuscript? What is your expected completion date?
- Please include a table of contents, a preface and/or introduction, and some sample chapters (3-5).
- Please include a copy of your current c.v. or resume.
University of Tennessee Press
Hodges Library 323
1015 Volunteer Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37996-4108