The Story of Country Music inTennessee
- Author(s): Wolfe, Charles K.
- Series: Tennessee Three Star Series
- Imprint: Univ Tennessee Press
- Publication Date: 1977-12-10
- Status: Active
- Available in Paper: Price $14.95 | Buy Now
Country music grew up in Tennessee, drawing from sources in the white rural music of East and Middle Tennessee, from the church music of country singing conventions, and from the black music of the Memphis area. The author traces the vital role played by Tennessee and its musicians in the development of this unique American art form.