A Documentary History of the American Civil War Era Complete Set
- Author(s): Mackey, Thomas C.
- Series: Voices of the Civil War
- Imprint: Univ Tennessee Press
- Publication Date: 2014-07-15
- Status: Not Yet Published - Will Back Order
- Available in Hardcover - Cloth: Price $195.00 | Buy Now
The first comprehensive collection of public policy actions, political speeches, and judicial decisions related to the American Civil War, the four volumes in this series give scholars, teachers, and students easy access to the full texts of the most important, fundamental documents as well as hard-to-find, rarely published primary sources on this critical period in U.S. history.
This four-volume collection includes: “Volume 1: Legislative Achievements”; “Volume 2: Political Arguments”; “Volume 3: Judicial Decisions, 1857-1866″; and”Volume 4: Judicial Decisions, 1867-1896.”
Thomas C. Mackey is a professor of history at the University of Louisville and adjunct professor of law at Brandeis School of Law. He is the author of Pornography on Trial and Pursuing Johns.